Thursday 9 April 2015

3rd post - Cartoons

Third post -  Cartoons


Please include ALL of the following

  • How often you watch cartoons. Why?
  • What was you favourite cartoon as a child. 
    • Characters
    • Setting
    • Why you liked it
  • Do you think watching cartoons is only for children? Why?
  • Any other information. 

180 words. 


Here is my example

Cartoons

I'm not a big cartoon fan. I don't think cartoons are as important in the UK as they are in Chile. All of my friends here talk about Goku and I have no idea what they are talking about. In the UK cartoons, especially manga style cartoons are a bit nerdy.
   However, as a child there were lots of cartoons I watched. I particularly enjoyed Popeye and Road Runner. There were others that were more obscure too like Moomins.



   Moomins is a cartoon made in Finland. Its about a fictional family of Moomins. They are kind of like White hippopotamus. There is a Daddy, a Mummy, some children and some friends. The friends are an angry girl called Mai and a wandering boy called Snufkin.

   I like it because it was always so mysterious and strange. They lived in quite a scary world with long winters and strange beasts. The different characters represent different personality types and most shows have some sort of message. It's quite enigmatic.

   I still watch it sometimes. I have friends from Finland so I often talk to them about it. I watch it when I'm bored at home, most of the episodes are on YouTube.

   My favourite character is Snufkin, maybe. He is the romantic travelling type who has no responsibility. I also like Mai because she's so devious.

Here's a link to an episode in Spanish. I really recommend you watch it, especially if you are a Psychology or Anthropology student.  

No comments:

Post a Comment